Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Romantic Suspense author Mary Stewart has passed.

Ms. Stewart died earlier this week. I'm really behind on stuff (editing my urban fantasy book so it can be republished in early June), so I missed seeing the report before today.

I read most, if not all of her work in my teens and onward, along with Phyllis A. Whitney, Dorothy Eden, and others. I always loved Ms. Stewart's titles -- like Nine Coaches Waiting, Madam, Will You Talk?, and Airs Above the Ground.

Although not technically Gothic romance, romantic suspense has some of the same elements, at least to my thinking. Interesting locations, unusual events, a mysterious man:  all centered around a young woman with strength and courage.

RIP, Mary Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on the blog. I really appreciate you dropping by!